Resources & Tips for Your Business
Are you starting a Business? Make sure you register your Business Name through Service Ontario.
Employee & Payroll Management:
- Get all new employees to complete the TD1 and TDON1 forms for their source deductions – EVERY employee should complete these forms each year.
- Employee or subcontractor – what you need to know, right HERE.
- Consider payroll software and even someone to manage the payroll for you.
- Complete the RC59 form so that your Accountant/Bookkeeper can liase with the CRA on your behalf.
Important Tips to Remember:
- Know what you can expense; don’t forget to track mileage if you use your vehicle.
- Keep ALL receipts and note the reason for purchase before you forget. Take advantage of receipt software to help track and post to your accounting software.
- Know your deadlines. Check out this chart for Individuals, Corporations and Employers
- Take your taxes very seriously, both income taxes, sales taxes, and payroll taxes. If you are unsure of your obligations, speak to a professional.
- Use accounting software to help you manage your finances, grow your business, and meet your compliance obligations.
- Use technology to improve efficiencies in your business where you need it most.
Want to learn more? Check out the webinars below or contact Susan for a business strategy session to help you get your business finances and management where you want it to be.